In 2021, the Seattle Metals Community lost a wonderful member, Todd Hughes. He was a meticulous maker, passionate learner and a generous friend to Danaca Design Studio. The T.H. Artist Gap Scholarship is established in his memory.
Like most metalsmiths, Todd was also a lover of tools. He and his wife Rona donated many of Todd’s tools to Danaca Design. Some of these, along with other donations received throughout the year, sold during our 2022 Jewelry Tool and Supply Swap Meet to provide the seed money for our new gap scholarship. We intend to endow the scholarship through future tool sales and other fundraising events.
The T.H. Artist Gap Scholarship is available to Danaca Design Studio students in need of financial assistance, to offset the cost of taking a workshop or class in the studio. Up to 50% of the cost of a class may be covered.
- Applicants may receive the gap scholarship only one time.
- Applicants must meet the prerequisites for the requested workshop.
- Applicants must demonstrate genuine enthusiasm for the requested subject of study and financial need in their application.
- Employees of Danaca Design are not eligible.
- A committee will review scholarships as they are received.
- Applicant will be notified no later than two weeks prior to the requested class date as to their award status.